Friday, May 8, 2009

Ahhh, day three of summer.

Today was spent frantically running around doing things in preparation for my aunt and uncle's arrival this evening. On top of that, I also needed to pick up Joe and get ready to go to dinner with Anna at about 4:30PM. I must say that it is nice to be home; but I did not expect this to be how I was welcomed back. Cleaning my room and being kicked out of it on the third day I'm home? Not exactly relaxing, honestly. Granted, it's for company and I don't mind. I just want summer to start is all.

I've been thinking more and more about writing something of value (like a book or, dare I say, a song) lately. I'm not sure why exactly. I just feel particularly inspired, I suppose. We'll see; maybe it is just a passing idea.

I've noticed more and more lately that I cannot relax much. I try to, but something comes up and suddenly I'm running around doing errands and meeting with people and such. It's all good fun, of course; but I need a day to myself, I think. Time to unwind- like I said, I'm waiting for summer to actually start.

I went and saw my high school's production of Annie tonight. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I mean, I went into it with a positive attitude and hopes of it not being a total disaster, but it just was not... what's the word I'm looking for? up to par? And the par was not high up there in the first place. I'm not trying to bash anyone in the performance. I just think that when you are expected to learn lines and songs, then you need to have them memorized by the time of the performance- no excuses. And none of this type-casting business. Everyone gets a fair audition in my book anyway. But I'm not in charge and I really have no place criticizing the direction of others. *Sigh* I suppose that what it comes down to is that I miss theatre life.

Well, that's all for now, I guess. My prayers go out to Katie's family in particular right now ='[. Rough stuff.

Chou for now

(Is it chau or chou? Spell check keeps wanting to correct me- it says it is Chou... I think it's wrong. And I'm not familiar with the spelling, I guess. I don't typically say the word ever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment