Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and New Years

Well, it's been a couple days or weeks or so since I've last written.
Christmas day was three days ago now and it passed by as quickly as it came. I had a jolly good Christmas, of course. I don't care much for gifts. Sure, it's nice to have gifts and such from the people I love, but I truly just wanted everyone else to be happy and focus on more important things.

However, I did get two Disney soundtracks and the Anastasia soundtrack, the movie "Up!", a docking system/radio for my ipod, a portable stereo, gift cards, and a personalized blanket. One of my favorite gifts, I think would have to be a picture of the wedding that I've recently been in- not framed or anything, just the picture itself was enough to make me happy. :)

My father and mother took me and my sister out shopping the day after Christmas and purchased a bunch of clothes for me. It was like Christmas gifts, I guess. I'm very grateful and I love all my new outfits.

I've watched "The Holiday" three times already this holiday season and I'll probably watch it at least once more. I love that movie for some reason. And last night while watching it, I was overwhelmed with the parallels that I always draw to my own life. Especially the part where Iris tells off Jasper. She says just about everything that I want to say to someone- but I would never have the guts to do so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CMnZDllDU <<--that's the link to the scene.

I finished my book. It was a sad book, but a good one nevertheless. Now I need to find another one to pick up. I also went to go see "Sherlock Holmes" with my family. I loved it. I would actually probably go see it again too if I had the funds to do so or someone to see it with.

I had New Years plans, but I'm watching them crumble as the snow falls. I'm going to start making back-up plans. I'm determined to find something to do so that I'm not focusing on spending New Years alone yet again (and by "alone" I mean without a boy). I don't want to think about that so much this year, as inevitable as it may be.

As far as boys/relationships go, I honestly just don't care to think about it right now. It was confusing, then it was clear, then it went back to being confusing, then clear, and finally now it's confusing again. I shouldn't have to worry about it. I should just prepare for the worst and hope for the best- that way at least I'm guarded. I don't understand why people can do certain things in relationships sometimes. Anyway, I pray for guidance constantly, so now all I have to do is wait it out.

I really dressed up on Christmas Eve and actually felt really pretty for once. Low self-esteem is a constantly growing feature in my life, so to feel pretty was a big deal to me, haha. <<-- and that's it. Not a big deal. I've had that dress for a year and hadn't worn it until just now.

Sometimes I feel like I belong in a movie. I'm all cinematic. I don't want to be, I just feel that that would make sense. haha it's weird, honestly.

Anyway, I'm going to go spend time with visiting relatives now. Goodbye.

Oh, and I bought my older brother a PS3. I can't buy food for like a semester now. Yay for other people's happiness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment