Sunday, December 6, 2009

Her Eyes

Her Eyes- Pat Monahan

Listen to it and love it.
I'm convinced it is a pretty accurate description of me.

Anyway, it's 2:30AM and I am once again a victim of insomnia. I suppose that the accidental nap and the caffeinated beverage at 12AM didn't help much, but truth is that I probably wouldn't be asleep if I hadn't had those things anyway. It's a gift and a curse. A gift, because it means that I have time to do all that homework that I had procrastinated. A curse, because, well, when I want to sleep, I can't; and it also is a lot of time in which I can think about happiness and stressful situations.


Tonight was just what I needed. I've been super stressed since yesterday and that stress put me into a horrible, horrible mood. However, I have the best roommates in the world (+ Jessica). They had a Christmas movie marathon tonight and I joined them for one of the two movies that they watched. I love them. Seriously. All of them. They make me laugh, they have the ability to change my mood completely, they are just all around good friends- and good people. And I've discovered my love for the movie The Holiday. Not my favorite movie of all time, of course, but still. What a wonderful movie. I thought it was going to make me feel uber sad once I started drawing comparisons to my own life- surprisingly, it didn't at all. And yeah. But the main reason I had such a great night was because of my friends. I have them to thank.

Oh, so I was thinking tonight about what I want to do with my life. Crazy, right? I thought so. So I've always wanted to be an animator for Disney. That's still my goal. But lately, I've been thinking that I can't exactly make it in that field- I'm just not talented enough for it. So I think I'm going to consider photography as a backup. And even if I don't want to major in photography. I'm pretty sure that I'll want to minor in it. Pictures are just so fascinating.
It's either that or I attempt to write professionally. Ha. Yeah, I laughed too, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment