Friday, December 11, 2009

Home for the Holidays

Well, I survived another semester's finals week.
May the professors have mercy on my grades.

I'm home for tonight. It's a bittersweet feeling, at the moment. I miss all my friends already and I miss the potential friends that I was making and that could potentially be ruined with lack of contact for over a month. And that's just it: a month. A month of what? I ask that question with the rhetorical implication that it's going to be filled with lack of activity. Yet, in the back of my mind, I can think of a million things that I want to do, have to do, and have already been expected to do. I'm hoping the month flies by, but I'm hoping it takes it time. I am, obviously, thinking in contradictory thought.
The holidays are just always so busy, it seems. Especially the Christmas holiday. Here I am, already eleven days into the month and I have yet to purchase a single present for friends and family. And somehow, I am going to have to find the funds to do so.

It's good to be home. I'm taking Joe to school tomorrow- my parents don't like him driving in the snow just yet. Personally, I'm not a fan of driving in it either, simply because my street is always difficult to get in and out of when it is icy. But I really want to drive. I love driving. I love to blast my music and sing at the top of my lungs. Sometimes, I even crack my windows even if it's cold out, just because I want people to hear my music. Oh, and I want Starbucks tomorrow. I just decided that like five minutes ago, haha. We aren't leaving for Chicago until tomorrow afternoon, because my grandparents need to go have lunch where my cousin works. My grandpa can't drive anymore- as of like... maybe a month or two ago. So my mom drives them to everything when they need it, because they don't believe in calling the OPC transportation service. Anyway, point is, I won't be leaving until tomorrow afternoon.

I think I want to drive back to Mt. Pleasant for New Years Eve/Day. The chances of me swaying my parents in favor of that, however, are probably not very high. A big factor is the weather... and traveling alone. But I wouldn't be up there alone at least. If I can get them to agree to it, then I will see if I can spend next week in Chicago with my sister. Really, all I'm doing is running around for a month. It's kind of ridic and sounds rather stressful. All in good fun though, eh?

Owl City is my music of choice at the moment.
And Glee was AMAZING (I just watched it online tonight because I missed it on Wednesday due to a snowball fight)!!!!
Well, NW starts at 7:55AM and we need to leave the house by like 7:20. I should probably shut my eyes a bit.
Nighty-night!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on getting through all of your exams :) I'm sure you did amazing. Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I bet yours went well too!! :) Have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete