Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Push Over.

If it is one thing I am appreciative of, it is the cold, hard truth.

People say the truth hurts. Well, honestly, yes it might- but it can also make me a better person if I choose to learn from it.

I guess I should explain where this is coming from.

Last night, my best friend (my buddy) Matt called me. I love this kid. I feel like we've been friends since I was little and I've only known him for about a year. There is never a doubt in my mind that he will always be there for me. He is one of the few true friends that I have and I miss him terribly since he transferred to that school in Wisconsin. ANYWAY, I digress. He had asked me what was going on in my life, and he was teasing me about not doing anything interesting lately (I said I was bored), and so I told him about a situation. He then told me that I tend to over-do apologies, I tend to try to people please too much, and that I am basically a push-over. People walk all over me sometimes.

I mean, I knew this. I've thought about it a lot recently, but I just can't seem to put my happiness before others'. I feel like if I do, I'm being selfish. But I think I need to have more of a spine. I need to do some things that are right for me. I need to stop apologizing for things that aren't my fault. I just need to... I don't know. Change. Or something.

Well, that's all I have for now. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment