Friday, January 8, 2010

It's been a long day. Good. But long.

So today I had a really good day.

I woke up late, because I didn't have to be anywhere. My brother brought me lunch and then I proceeded to beat him in Super Smash 64 (it was a very close, good game though). Then I went to the gym, yet again, with Jenny. The lady at the desk told me that I didn't have to pay the ten dollar guest fee because I was so polite. Then I listened to the new Ke$ha album while running for a half hour on the elliptical machine, then I walked the track with Jenny, and then I ran more than half a mile around on the track (with a walking-lap between each 3 [it takes 12 laps for one mile]). So the combined running and walking on the track was well-over a mile. Then we decided we wanted Bdubbs since Jenny hadn't eaten all day. So we showered and headed out in the snow storm. It was a Boneless Thursday and we hadn't realized it. Then we headed over to Courtney's for DQ movie/game night. Everyone except for Jenny and I had bailed on coming, unfortunately. But we ate pizza and laughed and watched Paranormal Activity. I don't normally do scary movies because I jump really easily and "demon" movies freak me out more than normal. But I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Then I came home and anxiety crept up on me once again, unexpectedly. And I realized who my really true friends are. Well... I wouldn't necessarily say that, I guess. I just discovered people who I know that I can actually trust and turn to about anything. I don't worry about being judged by them and I don't worry about them only being half-there for me in our friendship. I know I can trust them. And I must say that that is something that I haven't not been used to for quite some time. It's hard to explain to some extent though...

Anyway, not only did I get hit by my nerves when I returned home, but I also heard, you guessed it, bad news. My cousin and his wife announced on Christmas that they were expecting. This evening, however, I was informed that something is wrong. There is no heartbeat in ONE of the babies. I didn't even know she was having twins until tonight. And there is a big black mass that the doctors cannot figure out at the moment. She goes in for an operation tomorrow. But the chances are that she has, in fact, had a miscarriage. And not only that, but that black unknown mass could be cancer.
Please, please, PLEASE keep them in your prayers. Please.
I don't want this kind of hurt to keep happening to my family- immediate or not. Pray for a miracle. Because miracles can and do happen. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment