Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ode to Sociology

Oh Sociology, I hate you.

And that, my friends, is the end of the ode.

Haha, I'm in Sociology right now. I don't ever pay attention in this class. Why? Because he puts all of the power points online and everything he talks about is not on the exam. The exam is what is in the book and showed in videos and online articles. The strange thing is that he doesn't even take attendance, but I refuse to just skip. I don't like missing class. It doesn't sit well with me.

I was going to type up my German oral exam and email my partner during this class, originally. However, the only reason I was going to do that was because I was supposed to have a painting date at five. Well, I was just canceled on. I hate it when I get excited about crushes prematurely. I was trying to avoid liking the kid completely, honestly. But no, I had to go and admit it. And then when he gets me all excited about working on my project (O_o excited about homework- I know, it's weird to me too...), he goes and cancels on me. Granted, for good reason, I think. And we're going to reschedule. But still. It's just overall not a fun feeling, ya know?

I am not good with relationships, if you didn't already know that. I'm not even in one and I'm already freaking out. There is just something about walking around, having someone cross your mind, and then catching yourself smiling like an idiot... uncontrollably. It's a nice feeling, yet it's strange at the same time. Point it- I'm not good at relationships. I really am not. But I would like to have the chance to get better at it.

I like to write. Today's post is a little bland. No thick blankets of metaphors or imagery. No playful word choices either. Just me. Writing because I hate sociology class. *sigh*

Ever hear a song that has lyrics that are so incredibly clever and cute at the same time? One just came on my ipod, that's why I asked. Relient K- Must've Done Something Right. The opening line is "We should get jerseys /cause we make a good team/but yours would look better than mine/ cause you're out of my league..."
I think that is adorable. And hey- fun fact: Relient K is my favorite band.

Well, I don't want to make this post TERRIBLY long (too late, I know), because I have this overpowering feeling that people don't care to read lengthy material. Their attention spans are too short and quite frankly, they don't give a hoot about half the stuff they're reading. But I have been cursed (I view it as a blessing sometimes) with the inablility to write short blurbs about anything. It's almost painful for me to do so, haha. Seriously. Anyway, if your attention has not yet been drawn elsewhere, this is me letting you know that I'm going to stop right here.

Stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment