Thursday, May 21, 2009

The first absolutely, gorgeously beautiful day of summer, and I'm stuck indoors, serving customers.

I spent a majority of my time at work decorating logs in the back. Logs are ice cream cakes in the shape of logs. I didn't do my job as fast as I would have liked and I was distracted with Heidi's talk of her upcoming engagement/wedding from time to time. I don't mind making logs, but it hurts to make them; which, granted, I have no problem with but it slows me down when other people are "in the way". Logs are made in metal containers and then stored in the Monster (big freezer in the back). This causes the metal to freeze to the point where your skin feels like it is burning when you touch it. My hands literally stick to the containers (I'm sure I lose some skin, but my hands are nice and smooth now so I don't care) and then I rush them over to the scalding hot water to rinse the outside so that I can then flip it over on to the cardboard and remove the ice cream from it's frozen grasp. After that, the job is simple really. Comb it, take that giant knife and cut off parts of the end, and decorate it with cone dip, gels, or just leave a couple plain, then put the frosting around the bottom edge and stick it in the box. I wish I had done it faster today though. We were so busy since it was so nice out.

After work, I quickly ran home, changed, and washed my hair. My mother and I headed over to the Kwapis's pampered chef party. I have no money so I, personally, didn't buy anything. I'm planning at some point to make use of what my mother purchased. I want to learn to cook like her. I just have to juggle that and work and errand running and whatnot. Anyway, I met up with Anna and Michelle there and we chatted for a long time. I also talked to a bunch of parents that I hadn't talked to in a while. They all wanted to know about school and what I was planning to do with the rest of my life. I must've talked about Disney at least five different times. I seriously cannot wait. I just hope I get accepted now- I'm going to be so heartbroken if I don't.

Michelle and I are going to the park tomorrow at eleven. I want to take pictures of random things and tomorrow sounds perfect- weather-wise. I just need to keep track of time and be back home before four, which is when I work the evening shift of death. My crew tomorrow is going to be awful, no doubt. But I'm determined to make the best of it.

Chou for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment